Friday, November 23, 2012

Accessories.

When it comes to creating an awesome outfit, accessorizing is always the key.

As a person who loves collecting accessories in both Stardoll and real life, I have to say that accessories play such an important role in ones' outfits, as it defines who you are based on the way of how you style your medoll. Each of us is different, and different people has different style.

Therefore, in this post I'd like to share few style that I usually do to my doll.

1. Floral Wreaths

1.6.7 - Pretty In Love | 2.3 - Bonjour Bizou | 4.5 - Jean Paul Gaultier 

Thanks to Lana Del Rey, floral wreaths are so popular nowadays. What I like about these wreaths are the fact that they are like "fairies' crowns" and it is fun in a not very princess-y way, plus by looking at it they definitely bring the feminine and angelic side of you out.

There are various type of floral wreaths in Stardoll, you can choose to buy the already made ones in Starplaza or you can choose to make it on your own, which is much fun and cooler! I used to make one [see pic below] before after getting inspired by this amazing post in this amazing blog, and trust me, the result is very satisfying. You should try it too, it is so much fun, and super easy too!



2. Studs and spikes

1. LE | 2.8 - Special Offer | 3. Nicholas Kirkwood | 4. Mortal Kiss | 5.6 - Fallen Angel | 7. Bonjour Bizou 

These amazing items are used to be stereotyped to belong to only Gothic people, but hello, that doesn't mean by wearing that immediately will make you goths and whatnots. It's fashion, people, like duhh. Studs and spikes will bring the inner rocker chic out, like you are pretty but dangerous and rebellious at the same time...kinda like roses with thorns, they are pretty but dangerous. What I like about these items are they are mysterious, they adds drama to ones outfit and they are very easy to pull off too, with smoky eyed makeup and dark lipstick you're so ready to go.

For those who wanna be edgy but still wanna be girly, I truly recommend this. Adding here and there spikes won't hurt, don't worry ;)

3. Gold, gold, gold

1. Riviera | 2.4 - Bonjour Bizou | 3. Chanel | 5. LE | 6. MSW | 7. Lanvin's | 8.10 - Voile | 9. Decades | 11. Special Offer | 12. Archive
I think this one is very easy one for you. Overflowing of golds everywhere from head to toe can make you look sophisticated and elegant when they are combined with right colours. I always wear them with basic colours of black and white as they are safe, but sometimes I wear gold with purple and red too for a change.

Just remember, although it is so fun to accessorise your medoll with gold... please don't make her suffocated with too much accesories as they say, too much of anything can make you sick.

4. Hats 

1. Killah | 2.4 -  Bonjour Bizou | 3. Folk | 5. Tingeling | 6.8 - Alice&Olivia's | 7. Mortal Kiss 

I always love the addition of hat in one's outfit, they never seem to be out of date. They are simple and very easy to pull off, with the right styling it can make statements and draw attention. Of course in every fashionista's closet there should be different type of hats based on occasion, but at least for me I think there should be one specific hat for street styles. It could be a beanie, a bowler hat, or even a simple cap.

My favourite hat will always be the number 2, you can see I wear that hat a lot. The hat is kinda hipster-ish, and as the word hipster means you're gonna be cool, indeed it is gonna make you look cool.

5. Headbands 
1.2.3.10.11 - D-Signed Bows | 4. Killah | 5. Archive | 6. Fallen Angel | 7. 8 - Voile | 9.14 - Anna Sui's | 12. Antidote | 13. Beastly 

Oh god words can't even describe how I really really love headbands, especially those crazy headbows. Call me fake or super trying to be cute or whatevs, I just don't care, but seriously, how on earth people can not fall in love with those adorable pieces of headbows?? They are fun, they are cute, and the most important thing is; they are very me. I know for some people it might be hard to accept this, but style goes with your personality. As long as it is very you and it makes you happy, don't even bother to think about what other people may think as their opinions don't matter anyway, but your happiness is.


So with that I think some of you might get quite the idea of how accessories play a very crucial role in one's outfit. You can notice in future upon visiting me in my suite or in this blog that I will wear these kinda accessories much often. Although sometimes I do like to change my style than usual, I still stick some part of me inside the new look so that I am not that 360 degree change.

Like I said, just stay true to yourself and everything will come along easily.

Till next post, dollies.
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment